Thursday, February 26, 2015

Napier and Wellington

We've still been enjoying the North Island of NZ.  Yesterday was an all-day wine tasting tour in the Hawke's Bay region south of Napier.  I found it interesting that some of the bottle labels noted the latitude and longitude of where the grapes were grown, as with the bottle held in the first photo.

 
I want to assure Parker that I'm finding oysters here in New Zealand.  Good ones!

 

Today was a fun off-roading trip out to visit some seals.  Getting there was quite a ride for miles over the sand and rocks. 
 
And there were cute critters at the end. 
 
Tomorrow we reach Christchurch on the south island.  From there I’m off for an overnight excursion to Mt Cook.  I'll rejoin the ship in Dunedin the next evening. 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment