Monday, November 30, 2009

Incarcerated on Devil's Island


Since I last checked in, I spent a day in Barbados on a catamaran sail and doing some snorkeling. The water was so warm and clear that I could have stayed in it for hours on end. Yesterday we visited Devil's Island, French Guiana. It's actually a cluster of 3 islands with Devil's Island, the one reserved for political prisoners, being the most harsh. For more info, watch the move "Papillon". These days there are people who vacation there, although I can't for the life of me imagine why. Luckily Kimo and I were only incarcerated for a few moments! We turned onto the Amazon about an hour ago and will cruise upstream all day tomorrow before our first port of call on the river.

Annette: Yes, the food is fabulous and I've met a lot of nice people to go to shore and socialize with.

Bob K.: I see that you're being as creative as ever. However, consider this a veto of the most recently proposed Harvey Ball. I simply cringe at the thought of what you would consider the appropriate color indicators. :)

1 comment:

  1. I spent some of my vacation incarcerated at Alcatraz; you at Devil's island. We both better be good in the next month. You never know who might be checking to see if we are 'naughty or nice'. Have fun... Stay out of the water if there are any piranha's in the river.

    ReplyDelete