Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Shanghai

I just came back from three days in Beijing.  While there I had hoped to update the blog with photos from Shanghai, but alas, my blog site is one that the Chinese government blocks.  They also block Facebook, Google and a bunch of other ones.   I'll get back to Beijing...

In Shanghai I did a city tour that took me to the sky-scrapers in the financial section of town.  Not my usual MO, but it was interesting to see. 

Views down to the Bund on the opposite shore of the Huangpu River as seen from the 88th floor of the Jin Mao Building.

Spring is all around!
 
More my style, I also did a trip the ancient town of Zhujiajiao in the outskirts of Shanghai with its narrow alleyways, meandering river and many bridges. 
 
Boats carry people along the river – very Venetian.
 
Interesting shops and food stalls.  
 
 
I'm told that the women making these rice & meat wraps (and I saw a number of them) make up to a thousand a day.  The packages are steamed in traditional steamers.  
 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment