Monday, March 14, 2016

Singapore

After three days in Singapore we’re now sailing towards Thailand.  We had our second (of 2) shore-side world cruise event at the Singapore aquarium.  The event itself was just OK – a cocktail party type thing, but as I love the underwater world, I found the venue to be quite nice.  The only photo to show from that night is one of my ocean nemeses who have bothered me on a couple of occasions this trip.
 
My only real goal for Singapore was to see the Gardens by the Bay – a massive botanical garden built after my 2006 visit.  What an amazing place.  The grounds go on forever with variously themed gardens and two huge bio domes.  The centerpiece (to me anyway) are the ‘super trees’ which are up to 16 stories in height.  Beautiful to look at, especially at night, these structures serve to collect rainwater, generate solar power and help vent the garden conservatories.  A walkway between some of them give quite the birds eye view of the complex and well beyond.  I think I walked every inch of the place – just loved it.  
 
 
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment