Friday, December 18, 2009

Back to Rio





Great city! I had already done the usual tourist attractions like Sugar Loaf and Christ the Redeemer when I was there a few years ago, so instead I went to the Botanical Gardens with a private guide by the name of Bruno. Annette- was that the name of the guide that we had in Salvador? This guy was just as cute :) Anyway, it was a beautiful, clear day in the city, and yes, you can see the Redeemer from just about anywhere.

Pictures include a row of palms and some marmosets in the Botanical Gardens. We were surrounded by about 20 of them jumping through the trees. I didn't have my camera with more zoom, but you should be able to tell how cute they were. Also included are a sand sculpture on Copa Cabana Beach, a picture of the city at sunset as we departed and a small boat in the fading light.

Annette- congrats on becoming a grandmother again! In case you're wondering, I didn't make it to the night market - what a bummer!

Carrie- I'm sorry that you're feeling so lousy, but it's good that you got this over with. You'll be glad that you don't have to deal with it in the Spring. Right? Feel better soon.

Thanks to all who have sent emails. Just to let you know that I'm not answering all and am not checking my Comcast email every day because it's just too slow and using up my precious internet minutes. But, I do love to see them!

Beth- I didn't notice that all of you were on that email thread, so didn't intend to slight you or any of the others when I asked Tina to do that special task. Feel free to give extras to the mother!
Hope that you're all keeping warm!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kathy, I do miss Brazil. And, yes, our guide in Salvador was Bruno! Glad you are having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete